Software Engineer (C++) - Chicago - Chicago
|Active since||11-05-2015||Job category||IT - Software Development|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||40 - 0||Salary||Commensurate with Experience|
We are looking for a Software Engineer in our Chicago office. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of our high-frequency trading system – from machine code optimization to software architecture and system design. We are looking for candidates who are searching for an opportunity to make a real impact, deliver value, and work with a great team.
Be the next member of our small, productive, and amazing software development team.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Implement, test, and deploy trading system features and tools according to business needs
- Diagnose, debug, and address issues when they occur
- Constant learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- Work effectively both independently and in a small team environment
Things We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Strong background in C++
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Perl, bash, python)
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of network programming
- Thorough knowledge of common third-party libraries (STL, boost, etc.)
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Comfortable working within an iterative development process
- Commitment to following best documentation and testing practices
- Knowledge of futures or options markets and how to trade them is a plus
- Strong understanding of interaction between hardware and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Once we receive your resume, we will review it. Should you be a fit, then we will move forward with an initial phone screen. The next step would be a home assignment, followed by an onsite interview.
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but the work ethic is not. We have an excellent work-life balance and are able to be productive without working until we burn out. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, encouraged work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
3Red prides itself in offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. 3Red strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical dental, and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan. For more details on our perks, please have a look at our website. http://www.3redgroup.com/ourperks/
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading startup headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and simple and complex technologies. Dedicated Technologists create all of our trading architecture, risk management systems, and software in-house. Algorithmic Traders extract information from a ton of data and leverage mathematical modeling to build automated trading algorithms.
IT - Software Development
|Industry / Industries||
|Keywords||C++, Perl, bash, python, Linux, STL|