Software Engineer Intern (2019 Summer) – 3Red
We are looking for Software Engineer Interns
. You will work 1:1 with an experienced mentor to learn and grow your skillset while developing solutions for real world problems. It’s a unique internship because you'll get your hands dirty for a summer and add real value to 3Red during your time here. No fluff; we want you to do actual work.
Previous Intern Projects:
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Collection and analysis of “big data” sets using distributed processing
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of market events and price information
- Global market data caching service
What We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Implement, test and deploy new features or functionality into the production trading system
- Work with a mentor to learn the required technology and domain knowledge for to your project
- Write software that is consistent with good development practices and supports collaborative development
- Learn real world skills and practices needed to work in a professional organization
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Curious and self-directed learner
- Excited about technology and it’s application
- Ability to work in small, multidisciplinary teams
It’s an exciting time to join. We are lean and have a lot of needs so you’ll actually be doing work that matters.Process
Once we receive your resume, we will review it within a few weeks. Should you be a fit, we will send you a coding test. Following that would be technical phone screen ending with an onsite interview in Chicago. We receive many applicants so we may get delayed but we will respond to every candidate.
Be sure to reach out if you have any deadlines we should know about! firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but the work ethic is not. We have an excellent work-life balance and are able to be productive without working until we burn out. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, excellent work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading firm headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and simple and complex technologies. Dedicated Technologists create all of our trading architecture, risk management systems, and software in-house. Algorithmic Traders extract information from a ton of data and leverage mathematical modeling to build automated trading algorithms.
This vacancy is a full time position.