Intern: Software Engineer (2017) - Chicago
|Active since||06-08-2014||Job category||Financial and economic / busine...|
|Location||Chicago||Level||Trainee / Student|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||Internship|
|Hours||40 - 45||Salary||Paid|
We are looking for Software Engineer Interns. You will work 1:1 with an experienced mentor to learn and grow your skillset while developing solutions for real world problems. It’s a really cool opportunity as an intern where you'll get your hands dirty for a summer and add real value to 3Red during your time here.
Previous Intern Projects:
- Collection and analysis of “big data” sets using distributed processing
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of market events and price information
- Global market data caching service
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Implement, test and deploy new features or functionality into the production trading system
- Work with a mentor to learn the required technology and domain knowledge for to your project
- Write software that is consistent with good development practices and supports collaborative development
- Learn real world skills and practices needed to work in a professional organization
What We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Curious and self-directed learner
- Excited about technology and it’s application
- Ability to work in small, multidisciplinary teams
It’s an exciting time to join. No fluff; we want you to do actual work. Feel free to pass this along to anyone that may be interested.
Once we receive your resume, we will review it within a few weeks. Should you be a fit, then we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but the work ethic is not. We have an excellent work-life balance and are able to be productive without working until we burn out. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, excellent work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
3Red prides itself in offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. 3Red strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical dental, and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan. For more details on our perks, please have a look at our website. http://www.3redgroup.com/ourperks/
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading startup headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and simple and complex technologies. Dedicated Technologists create all of our trading architecture, risk management systems, and software in-house. Algorithmic Traders extract information from a ton of data and leverage mathematical modeling to build automated trading algorithms.
Financial and economic / business administration / Financial Management
|Industry / Industries||