Software Engineer (2017) - Chicago
|Active since||06-08-2014||Job category||Financial and economic / busine...|
|Location||Chicago||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||Permanent contract|
|Hours||40 - 45||Salary||Paid|
We are looking for Software Engineers. You will work closely with other talented developers while using your knowledge and experience to contribute to 3Red. You will be responsible for developing, augmenting and maintaining our low-latency trading system. It's a really cool opportunity where you'll get to work on real problems that will actually impact and add real value to 3Red.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Implement, test and deploy new features and functionality as per business needs
- Diagnose, debug and resolve production issues across various parts of the trading system
- Develop tools to facilitate analysis and interaction between system and external data
- Write and maintain documentation
What We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Familiarity in a Unix environment
- Strong understanding of network programing and general computer architecture
- Good software development practices that support collaborative development
- Flexibility to perform multiple roles and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to act independently and collaborate with others when it makes sense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It’s an exciting time to join. We are lean and have a lot of needs so you’ll actually be doing work that we’ll use. No fluff; we need you to do actual work. Feel free to pass this along to anyone that may be interested.
Once we receive your resume, we will review it within a few weeks. Should you be a fit, then we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but the work ethic is not. We have an excellent work life balance and are able to be productive without working until we burn out. This role offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as casual dress every day, encouraged work-life balance, fully stocked pantries with many healthy options and a bit of chocolate here and there, catered lunches every Wednesday, 3Red outings, and a Zen Room for moments of relaxation.
Info about 3Red
3Red is a proprietary trading start-up headquartered in the Chicago Loop, with a presence in New York. We’re committed to leveraging technology and math to implement competitive trading strategies while managing risk and responding to dynamic market conditions. Technology and quantitative ingenuity are at our core.
We hire extremely bright, talented, and motivated individuals to collaborate with each other and compete in the world’s financial markets. Our team has extensive, global experience in a wide variety of asset classes, risk management, and simple and complex technologies. Dedicated Technologists create all of our trading architecture, risk management systems, and software in-house. Algorithmic Traders extract information from a ton of data and leverage mathematical modeling to build automated trading algorithms.
Financial and economic / business administration / Financial Management
|Industry / Industries||